Thursday, December 15, 2011

Better than my words

I had this post planned for today all about "what comes next". But then this tumblr happened---and it seemed more interesting. If you've missed it on twitter, you should know about it. (I even have a point at the end! I promise!)

RyanGoslingYoungAdult tumblr

You should go browse. Not only is this tumblr page hilarious, filled with a hot boy and giving lots of awesome shouts to YA--it's also really encouraging. Like this one.

From the AWESOME RyanGoslingYoungAdult tumblr

(Thanks Ryan. I'm glad someone appreciates all the work we do.) Honestly, this tumblr came to life at just the right time for me. I've been feeling the pressure of the new WIP and the anxiety associated with the old one. Plus, I have this big meeting with my bosses, stuff with the internship and I'm just hanging on until I can have a vacation. So finding this tumblr was something kinda awesome and I wanted to share.

Why did I want to share? Because sometimes when things are caving in...

When deadlines are approaching and holiday stress is at it's highest...
When you have 13 places to be at the same time and the holiday party dress from last year doesn't fit anymore...
When you have to a bunch of projects (or change a bunch of diapers) and you haven't slept in days...
When you're kicking yourself for not writing the 2K you wanted to write this week...
When people around you are succeeding and you're static...
When you want to do edits but can't because you're waiting on notes...
When you're overwhelmed by new ideas but already writing three...
When you just want to write but can't because you don't know what comes next or you don't have time or you're just so tired..
When you _____ (Fill in the blank!)....

Laughter is important. This tumblr will most definitely make you laugh. You should take a minute (or ten) to chuckle. And hey, if there's a Hot Boy attached to the laughter---even better.




(I also love this one and this one!)


Got anything that makes you laugh?? Leave a comment below with a link!


No comments:

Post a Comment