Monday, January 23, 2012

Congrats on Monday!

This morning I had a conversation with myself that went like this:

Me: Good morning!!!!!
Other me: Why are you so perky? Go away.
Me: It's MONDAY!
Other Me: I know. Go away.
Me: Mondays are new days full of adventure. Yay Mondays!
Other Me: Go away. I hate Mondays and mornings and you.
Me: But I made coffee.
Other Me: *takes coffee* Now go away.

Anyone else there with me?

But since it is Monday, that means it's time for a Monday check in, where we post small updates on what we accomplished last week, what we want to do this week and sometimes, what we didn't do. It's a great way to stay accountable and cheer each other on. Make sure you let us know what YOU are working on this week too in the comments.

Christina: This week I actually got quite a lot done. I worked on crits for some people and got over 4k written, which is so much for me! Some of it was reworking older chpts on my MS a little and some was new chpts. All in all, I'd say last week was productive for me. This week is the same goal basically: another 4k.

Cindy: I've continued reading through feedback from my amazing crit partners over the course of the last week and have been making revisions based on their suggestions. I've also started working on a new WIP, which I am super duper excited about.

Patricia: I made a definite breakthrough in my story this week but still did not dedicate as much time to my writing as I would have liked. My goal for this week is to make time for writing at least 5 days this week. I'm shooting for 40 minute sessions, after which I'm allowed to go back and edit.

Danielle: I'm altering this huge plot thread in my MS based on feedback I received and I spent most of last week and all weekend working on it. I only have one more scene to alter and three more to write to expand on the ending, and then I'll be doing some line edits. Once that's finished, two more people get to read before I call it finished. It's exciting and this has been the longest process EVER. (Writing is not quick.) I'm going to work on those remaining pieces and crit for Cindy this week! Hopefully, I can finish it all by the weekend.



And, some super exciting news was announced on Friday for our lovely RPA, Jennifer.
"Jennifer L. Armentrout's DON'T LOOK BACK, pitched as Black Swan meets Pretty Little Liars, featuring a teen girl who had it all until the night she and her friend go missing, and she loses all recollection of who she is, but must piece together a life she no longer wants and the events that led to her friend's disappearance, to Emily Meehan at Disney-Hyperion, in a pre-empt, in a two-book deal, by Kevan Lyon at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency (World English). Foreign rights: Taryn Fagerness Agency."
Congrats Jennifer!!! We're all very excited for you and your new adventure! Thanks for hanging out with us on Tangled and we can't wait to read DON'T LOOK BACK!!

And this week, it's some more posts on Perfection from the other girls. Don't miss out on last week's topics.



What are you doing this week? How can we cheer you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment