Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Check-In & Thank You!

First of all, we'd like to thank everyone who bid on our Read For Relief critique donation. We are blown away and so grateful for all your generosity and cannot wait to begin our critique. Thank you!

Now for our check-in:

Christina's Check-In: Oh...well...this week I haven't gotten any writing done. And I don't even have a good reason. (shame face) I've just been so tired after work that I've been taking naps instead of writing. Hopefully this week will be different! I plan to get one-two chapters finished!

Drea's Check-In: Drea is still struggling through her first few weeks back at school with her new students but should be back to writing very soon. (If not, I'll have to hound her!)

Danielle's Check-In: For me, this week, I want to write. Guys, for real. I want to move forward and write new words and love it. Maybe I'll go crazy and read a book. I don't know what will happen, but for some reason I've been completely unable to focus on writing. So...I want to write.

Cindy's Check-In: After playing around for a few days with a new project, I have come full circle back to my draft of the last WIP and am making some necessary changes to that story.  I'm still waiting for full feedback from my betas and crit partners, but in the meantime, I'm busy adjusting a few things that I know need some work.

Patricia's Check-In: This is week I face my greatest challenge of the year: the return of ALL THE TV SHOWS! I also volunteer and teach 5th graders for two hours one evening a week starting this week. In anticipation of this wonderful time of year, I'm going to set my goal a little lower and aim to write at least 3 nights this week, for at least an hour each night. In a perfect world, I would write one hour for every hour of television I watched. Thanks to my DVR I can use the shows as rewards for writing, so if I can stick to my plan I'll be able to get a LOT of writing done. 

What about you? How has your last week in writing been?

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I begun three scenes yesterday and today and now I'm working on them and bringing them to link to other scenes I have already written.
    Guys, how do you find a good critique partner? I am looking for one and not sure what or how I should look for. I have applied to CritiqueCircle.com, now I have to wait for them to review my application, and then I should see what they have around there..
    How did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey roxo! This is great. Good luck with your scenes! Let us know how it goes!

    Critique partners....well,I found my critique partners in random places. Christina I found online at YA lit chat (on twitter!) Patricia was Twitter. Cindy...was twitter mostly and then real life. Ariane was a website. Other people come and develop through things like this. It's important to find someone who has common genre interests, gets along with you well, likes your writing, is willing to be honest (big importance there!) AND is where you are in the process. Or at least somewhere near there.

    We really want to help people connect as well---so hopefully in the future we'll be able to hook up people. We really want to do that because it's so important. I would just say get on twitter or places like YA lit chat and blogs like this, and seek out people who are seeking out people. Be honest and don't pair up with someone who's work you don't enjoy. With Christina and I, we exchanged a few chapters before we exchanged the whole novel. We just fit so well together b/c she's stronger at my weaknesses and I'm stronger at hers. I think that's important. We're also honest with each other. It's a partnership so you need have similar goals and be willing to work together.

    That's my two sense anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Danielle! I hope I'll find someone I need, until then, put me on your To Hook Up list :D.
    Thanks a lot for the advice.
    Roxo

    ReplyDelete