Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 2


Hey guys! Welcome to the craziness that is National Novel Writing Month! (If you love to write, but have no idea what I'm talking about, you can learn all about it here.)

If you missed yesterday's post by Danielle, I highly recommend you take a minute to check it out, it had some fantastic (and hilarious) NaNoWriMo resources!

Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/sWGjOD
For the next 29 days, things are going to be pretty much insane for all of us attempting this crazy-fun-exhilarating feat! (emphasis on the crazy...) My posts are pretty much going to consist of a quick update of how I'm doing or whatever else I can figure out in the 30 minutes I have scheduled for a break in the evening. I apologize in advance for their scatter-brain-dead-ness. All available writing brain power has been diverted to my WIP for the month of November.

This year I am going to be attempting to finish a first draft of my current WIP, PLETHORA. Technically, since I've already started it I'm a "rebel". Or not, since it's looking more and more likely that I'll be starting from scratch. Either way, I'm really hoping to get the majority of a first draft out of this month and hope you will all be here to cheer me on. I'm going to need it! 

And if you are going to be NaNo-ing add me on the site (my profile is here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/patriciaeriley) and we'll cheer each other on! 

So without further ado, here is my Day 2 AM Update:

Photo Credit: Pinterest.com
Last night I wrote 1884 words. And they were terrible and wonderful at the same time. I'm still feeling pretty excited about the whole process and the breakthroughs I've made on the plot of my WIP recently. At the same time, I'm already looking forward to editing this mess. The not-editing part is my biggest challenge so far! Also, I found this picture which is almost exactly like the tattoo I envision my character having. So far I've still managed to shower, eat, take care of my family, and do my day job. But then again... it's the morning of Day 2...

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? Any tips or tricks you can share with me? If not, what are your November plans? Do you have any extra coffee/tea/soda/candy/cookies/cake I can borrow? Or some hours for sleep?... I could really use with some of those...


1 comment:

  1. I'm technically a NaNo rebel too. I'm trying to finish a wip that I've been working on and off for the past year or so. So I'm hoping to finish a rough draft of this wip, or at least get really close to finishing it.

    ReplyDelete